At our brewery there are two thing we love: great beer & great food. Here’s a great recipe for a perfect dinner. Easy to make and even better to eat. Plus, we’re braising meat in beer, which is never a bad idea!!
We use our roasted, nutty, malty, Double Pig’s Ear Brown Ale in this recipe.
- 2 lbs of Boneless short Ribs
- 1 large shallot
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary & thyme
- 1 cup of diced pancetta
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of Double Pigs Ear Brown Ale
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flower
- 2-3 tablespoons of evoo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Salt & pepper your short ribs then dredge in flour
- Dice your veggies
- Dice your pancetta
- In your Dutch Oven, cook pancetta until all fat has rendered. Then remove pancetta. Do not discard the grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon of evoo to pancetta grease
- Turn heat up to high and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove short ribs once browned.
- Lower heat to medium
- Add diced veggies with 1 tablespoon of evoo, cook until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with veggies left in it with 2 cups of Double Pigs Ear Brown Ale
- Bring to boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 cups of beef broth
- Add Short Ribs into cooking liquid (submerged)
- Add cooked pancetta
- Add sprigs of whole rosemary & thyme
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Put lid on place into oven at 350 for 2 hours. Then reduce heat to 325 and cook for additional 35-45 minutes
- Remove from oven let sit with lid on for 20 minutes before serving
Serve Short Ribs over a bed of mashed potato with your choice of vegetable.