At Woodstock Inn Brewery there are two things we love: great beer and great food. Here’s a beer recipe for a perfect dinner. Easy to make and even better to eat. Plus, we’re braising meat in beer, which is never a bad idea!!
We use our roasted, nutty, malty, Double Pig’s Ear Brown Ale in this recipe.
- 2 lbs of boneless short ribs
- 1 large shallot
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary & thyme
- 1 cup of diced pancetta
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of Double Pig’s Ear Brown Ale
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salt & pepper short ribs, then dredge in flour
- Dice veggies
- Dice pancetta
- Cook Pancetta in Dutch Oven until all fat has rendered. Then remove pancetta and do not discard the grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon of EVOO to pancetta grease
- Turn heat up to high and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove short ribs once browned
- Lower heat to medium
- Add diced veggies with 1 tablespoon of EVOO, cook until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with veggies left in it with 2 cups of Double Pig’s Ear Brown Ale
- Bring to boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 cups of beef broth
- Add short ribs into cooking liquid, submerging them
- Add cooked pancetta
- Add sprigs of whole rosemary & thyme
- Put the lid on and place in the oven at 350 for 2 hours. Then reduce heat to 325 and cook for additional 35-45 minutes
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Remove from oven let sit with lid on for 20 minutes before serving
Serve short ribs on a bed of mashed potato with your choice of vegetable.
We hope you enjoy this make-at-home beer recipe — let us know on Facebook!
Can’t find our beer? Ask us!