When the slopes collide with the Atlantic Ocean! Frosty Goggles beer battered cod is sure to make your fish fry top notch! With the light citrus notes in this red hoppy pale ale its a no brainer to use in beer batter. One for the batter, one for the cook!
- 1lb cod – cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 3-4 large white onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 can Frosty Goggles
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine flour and pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour in Frosty Goggles, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Dip the fish in the batter, allow excess to drip back into the bowl and drop into the deep-fryer.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until dark golden brown, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or newspaper.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 with onions.
- Serve with tartar sauce and an ice cold Woodstock Inn Brewery Frosty Goggles!
Make this for dinner, close your eyes and it will be like you’re here with us. 😉🍻 ENJOY!
ABOUT THE BEER
Woodstock Inn Brewery’s Frosty Goggles was voted Best Winter Beer in NH by New Hampshire Union Leader. This seasonal beer is available from November through March. This refreshing Red Pale Ale has a 5% ABV and is balanced by piney and citrusy hops. You’ll notice a slight caramel malt profile that’s surprisingly crisp.
This red ale is available at brewery and in package and grocery stores throughout New England including Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Can’t find our beer? We can help!