March is around the corner, which is Maple Month in New Hampshire. In the spirit of this sweet season, try this Sausage Penne recipe, made with our Kanc Country Maple Porter.
1 lb Sausage
1/2 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 lb. penne pasta
1 TBSP garlic, diced
1/2 cup Kanc Country Maple Porter
2 TBSP Butter
1 bunch of scallions, diced
- Crumble sausage into frying pan and cook until browned.
- Add asparagus and after 1-2 minutes, add grape tomatoes and garlic until tomatoes break open.
- Deglaze pan with Maple Porter and add butter until blended.
- Toss with cooked penne pasta.
- Garnish with scallions and parmesan cheese.
MORE ON MAPLE MONTH
March is a month-long celebration of NH’s great maple tradition. There are 350+ maple producers in the state and the NH Maple Producers Association encourages people to get out and “support your local sugarhouses and the sugaring tradition.”
ABOUT THE BEER
Woodstock Inn Brewery’s Maple Porter is a big, rich, robust porter with roasty notes balanced out with real NH maple syrup sweetness in the finish. The maple syrup we use is made right next door at Fadden’s General Store & Maple Sugar House.
This seasonal beer is available December through March at the brewery and in package and grocery stores throughout New England including Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Can’t find our beer? We can help!
📸: Taylor Clark