Lost River Light Beer Butter Glaze with Fish or Chicken
A White Mountains summer means many things to do. One of our favorite pastimes on a hot day is an adventure on the river with friends, family, and of course our Lost River Light Ale! After a great day at the river, bring that refreshing feeling home with this Lost River Light Beer Butter Glaze recipe to cook with cod, haddock, salmon, or chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 stick of melted butter (let cool to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of Lost River Light Ale
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together (can use as a marinade and/or glaze).
- For fish, sear on high heat for 3-5 minutes per side (8-10 minutes total), then roast/bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes while basting with glaze.
- For chicken, grill on medium heat while basting until done.
Our crisp Lost River Ale has a low hop bitterness and is perfect for lazy days at the local swimming hole – and delicious in recipes, too! Find our beers here at the brewery, or at a store near you.
If you are interested in trying more recipes using our beer, check out our 40th Anniversary Cookbook!
If you like our Lost River Light Beer Butter Glazed Fish or Chicken, take a picture and tag us on Facebook or Instagram. We would love to see it!