Lost River Light Beer Butter Glaze with Fish or Chicken
A White Mountains summer means many things to do. One of our favorite pastimes on a hot day is an adventure on the river with friends, family, and of course our Lost River Light Ale! After a great day at the river, bring that refreshing feeling home with this Lost River Light Beer Butter Glaze recipe to cook with cod, haddock, salmon, or chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 stick of melted butter (let cool to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of Lost River Light Ale
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together (can use as a marinade and/or glaze).
- For fish, sear on high heat for 3-5 minutes per side (8-10 minutes total), then roast/bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes while basting with glaze.
- For chicken, grill on medium heat while basting until done.
Our crisp Lost River Ale has a low hop bitterness and is perfect for lazy days at the local swimming hole – and delicious in recipes, too! Find our beers here at the brewery, or at a store near you.
If you are interested in trying more recipes using our beer, check out our 40th Anniversary Cookbook!