Grab some pork and a can of Pig’s Ear Brown Ale and let the Fall times roll!! Put this combo in the crock pot, set and forget. Might as well a crack open a couple cans of Pig’s Ear while you wait…enjoy!!
- 3-4lb Pork butt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can Woodstock Inn Brewery Pig’s Ear Brown Ale
- 4 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 medium sized yellow onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 shots bourbon of choice
- Onion bulkie rolls
- Salt & pepper
- Cold water & corn starch (to make a roux)
- Season pork butt with salt & pepper; once seasoned place in crock pot with the chicken stock, garlic cloves, dry mustard and Pig’s Ear Brown Ale. Set crock pot on low for 5-6 hours and walk away!
- While your pork is cooking in the crock pot, slice the yellow onion and place in a medium frying pan, add butter and salt & pepper to taste. Once the onions are translucent and soft, add the bourbon and deglaze the pan until all the liquid is gone. Set the caramelized onions aside until you’re ready to eat.
- Make a roux using equal parts corn starch and cold water OR cold Pig’s Ear Brown Ale. (aprox. 2 tbsp of each)
- Once time is up on the crock pot, remove the pork and shred with 2 forks. While the pork is out of the crock pot, add your roux and stir until the liquid starts thickening. Then, return the pork to the crock pot on low for another 30-45 minutes.
- Put pork on open onion roll, smother with pulled pork and gravy, add caramelized onions, top with your choice of cheese and melt under the broiler for 2 minutes (or until melted).
- Crack open a cold Pig’s Ear Brown Ale and ENJOY